Thursday 25 September 2014

Back to base!

So, I guess it's time for me to pick up the story from here onwards...

Martin was working away feverishly to put the bike back together in time for the insurance company people to come and collect the bike and he did a great job packing everything neatly in the panniers and even throwing a couple of UCCMCC stickers in there!

So, after a long journey of about 20 days through Europe catching rides from one carrier to the other and from one ship to the next, Avra eventually made it home in one piece safe and sound panniers and all.

I will admit that when I saw her up there on the truck it was a very emotional moment for me; last time I had seen her was 1,5 months ago when me and Joe left her in the Honda dealership in Cork all broken and sad after being salvaged from the river.
And to think that just 2 days before the whole incident she was travelling happily through countries on one more long tour around Europe and then everything had come to an abrupt halt with us and our bike parting ways.
No matter, the bike is here now and sad as I am to see her in such a bad shape I am happy that I can start the restoration process.

Welcome home!

No comments:

Post a Comment